Pembrokeshire Association of Voluntary Services (PAVS) is the County Voluntary Council for Pembrokeshire providing support to charitable, voluntary and social enterprise organisations throughout the County.
PAVS is a charity (1063289) and a company limited by guarantee (03343059).
PAVS is not currently VAT registered.
REQUEST FOR PROPOSAL
PAVS Board of Trustees seeks to appoint an appropriately qualified and experienced Charity accountant to provide 8-10 days support each year to the PAVS Business Services team to assist in the production of:
- An annual budget and revised forecasts based on actual income and expenditure during the year
- Quarterly cumulative management accounts incorporating a financial summary for the Board of Trustees that recognises accruals, prepayments, deferred income and accrued income
- A quarterly narrative report for the Board of Trustees to explain variances from the approved budget, determining whether items are to be taken as material considerations
- Schedules to record movements of, and transfers between, funds
The appointed accountant will also be expected to:
- Review work completed by the PAVS Business Services team in the preparation of management and year-end accounts
- Deal with any queries that may arise in connection with the recording of financial information
- Support with specific finance-related tasks, for example, assisting with the transfer to a Cloud-based accounts system (additional days to be agreed as required)
At present PAVS use Sage Line 50 accounts. We would be happy to take advice on whether a Cloud-based system may be more appropriate for the future.
Management accounts are currently prepared in Excel using a Sage OBDC link and analysis through Power Query to draw information direct from Sage and produce pivot table reports for the Board.
The PAVS Business Services team undertake all input of financial transactions into SAGE Line 50, reconcile the bank, trade debtors and trade creditors.
PAVS is subject to an annual external audit. Our auditors are Messrs Clay Shaw Butler in Carmarthen, there may be some need to liaise with them at year end.
Experience of working with third sector / charity accounts and knowledge of the Charities SORP is essential.
PAVS expects the contract to commence in September 2023 in readiness for the preparation of the Q2 2023/24 management accounts. We therefore wish to receive written proposals by no later than 12.00 noon on Thursday 31st August 2023.
If you are interested in providing this service to PAVS:
Please submit a written proposal for meeting the above requirements that clearly sets out your experience and anticipated fee quote, together with your hourly/day rates for ad-hoc supplementary work.
Evidence of experience of providing similar services would be helpful, the contact details of two references are required.
If you require more information prior to submitting a proposal, please contact Maudie Hughes, PAVS Business Services Manager:
Phone: 07816 182 184