Pembrokeshire Association of Voluntary Services is:
- the independent association of voluntary and community groups in Pembrokeshire
- a membership organisation, offering full or associate membership to individuals and all voluntary and community groups operating in Pembrokeshire
- a company limited by guarantee and registered charity, governed by trustees elected from the membership
- part of a network of similar recognised organisations covering every local authority area in Wales
- part of a regional group with a signed formal Memorandum of Understanding, that includes Ceredigion, Powys and Carmarthen
As one of the recognised, independent, membership organisations that form a network around Wales, PAVS was established to support and develop voluntary action in Pembrokeshire. PAVS also provides an interface, or working relationship, between voluntary and statutory organisations.
As a registered charity and company limited by guarantee, PAVS has a Board of Trustees, elected by the membership, that governs its work.
Some core funding is provided by the Welsh Government, administered by Wales Council for Voluntary Action, and a further amount is awarded by Pembrokeshire County Council.
More than 80% of funding is project-based, secured through open bidding opportunities.